Adventure Package #3 itinerary:
Note: Your arrival time may determine which lodge will be first. Boat transfers are only from 7-11. If you come in later than that this itinerary will be reversed.
Day 1: Representatives of Saladero Eco Lodge will meet you in Pto Jimenez and provide boat transportation to Saladero Eco Lodge. It is a 30 – 40 minute ride and we often see dolphins and turtles. If your arrival is early enough in the day we will have lunch and then take a 1 hour orientation tour of the property that includes discussions on the tropical plants and trees, medicinal plants, fruits and you can even learn how to open (and eat) a coconut. Afternoon salsa and dinner.
Day 2: After a healthy breakfast and depending on the tide we will tow our kayaks up the Rio Esquinas for a guided tour of the mangrove estuary and river. A marine sanctuary, the Golfo Dulce is home to many species of birds and animals. This tour is unique in that we enter small channels deep into the mangroves not accessible by boat and return with the outgoing tide and river current. Lunch. Afternoon to relax, kayak, fish or snorkel. Afternoon salsa and dinner.
Day 3: Free day. You can opt for hiking our private trails, kayaking, fishing, snorkeling, optional tours or relaxing. 3 meals and afternoon salsa.
Day 4: After a leisurely breakfast we leave Saladero Eco Lodge and travel by boat to Pto Jimenez. You will be met by a La Leona Lodge representative for the 1 hour trip to Carate. At Carate you will hike the beach for 2 Kilometers to the lodge. You will be welcomed with a cold juice and shown to your bungalow on the beach.
Afternoon activity – The first afternoon you are free to explore to lodge, gardens and trails. You can also opt for one of the available optional tours. Lunch and Dinner – At dinner you will meet your guide for the next days Corcovado National Park tour.
Day 5: Take breakfast early in the morning and get ready to start your hike into Corcovado National Park at the Carate Ranger Station. Enjoy incredible views, pristine forest and the rich flora and fauna of our region. Walk in the footprints of the jaguars, see where all four species of monkeys live, or cross paths with wild pigs.
Lunch and dinner.
Day 6: Breakfast and then leave for Pto Jimenez.
- Lodging – At Saladero Eco Lodge you stay at the Beach House or Tree House. At La Leona Lodge you are in the bungalows, large screened tents set on wood platforms with full sized beds and full bathrooms and hot water showers located directly facing the beach.
- Transportation included from Pto Jimenez to Saladero by boat, Saladero to Pto Jimenez by boat, Pto Jimenez to Carate and back by taxi.
- Package does not include any international or regional flights. Arrival and departure from Pto Jimenez is recommended if flying.
- All packages require a 50% deposit and the balance paid 30 days prior to arrival.
- No other promotions or discounts can be included with this package.